Push Notifications for Posts, v1.1
Send push notifications to iOS, Android, and Fire OS devices when you publish a new post. Straight from your WordPress site, in real-time.
Alert your visitors when new content is published, converting them to regular and loyal readers. It’s like a newsletter, but so much more effective. Keep your audience engaged.
Push Notifications for Posts allows you to focus on building beautiful and unique apps, without developing your own server-side back-end. Content for the apps is collected automatically from your WordPress site, so no extra work is needed to maintain them. It even supports custom post types.
Push Notifications for Posts Natively supports:
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs)
- Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
- Amazon Device Messaging (ADM)
Support custom post types. Choose the custom post types for which send push notifications.
No charge for delivery. You don’t have to pay any fees since Push Notifications for Posts does not use any third-party’s server.
Integrated statistics. Get a quick overview of the last 30 days. (Statistics require HTML 5 support, available in all modern browsers.)
Instant notifications. Notifications appear as message alerts, badge updates, and even sound alerts.
Localization ready. Thanks to the presence of the POT (Portable Object Template) file, it’s really easy for you to provide your own translation files, with English and Italian translation out of the box.
Push Notifications for Posts works exactly as you’d expect:
- Saving a post as a draft will not trigger push notifications.
- Publishing a private post will not trigger push notifications.
- Static pages will not trigger push notifications.
- Scheduled posts will trigger push notifications at the time they’re scheduled to publish.
Who Is This Plugin For?
This plugin is primarily intended for mobile developers who do not want to develop their server-side back-end. Supporting push notifications is incredibly complicated. This plugin lets you focus on creating the apps, without the hassle.
Can You Build The Apps For Me?
Yes. We’re a team of mobile developers. We put our expertise to work on custom projects for companies that need great apps. Interested? Contact us.
- Build your iOS, Android, and/or Fire OS apps.
- Install the plugin on your WordPress site.
- Enable push notifications on the plugin’s settings page (providing required certificates and keys, see below).
- Connect the apps to your WordPress site using the “register API” (see included documentation).
Now, when users launch the apps, their devices will automatically register to your site. As soon as a new post is published, a push notification is sent to registered devices, with the title of the post.
To begin using this plugin, you first need an app that uses one of the supported push notification services: APNs (Apple Push Notification service), GCM (Google Cloud Messaging), or ADM (Amazon Device Messaging).
To send push notifications to iOS devices, you need the Apple Push Notification service SSL certificate in the .PEM format. For more information, see Provisioning and Development in the Apple Local and Push Notification Programming Guide.
To send push notifications to Android devices, you need to obtain the Google API Key. For more information, see GCM Architectural Overview.
To send push notifications to Fire OS devices, you need to obtain the Client ID and Client Secret. For more information, see Obtaining ADM Credentials.
- v1.1 (2014-02-24) Full support for custom post types.
- v1.0 (2014-02-18) First public release.
CodeCanyon new WordPress items