Dining Around is the perfect theme for your food blog.
Note: we do not recommend this theme for existing Tumblr food blogs. It might work better if you are just starting your blog and ready to follow installation guide.
This theme was optimized for food blogs/online cookbooks and great navigation experience for consumers on touch devices. That is why it requires special installation steps from the help documentation.
It supports just Tumblr Text posts and requires following rules for tagging.
If you want to improve blog’s SEO you need to have minor knowledge of HTML and follow our guides.
- built specifically for food bloggers
- special non-distraction cooking mode
- extremely visual. Uses all available screen space
- optimized for SEO. Your blog will rank high in Google
- lot of customization options. 21 setings available
- 18 unique retina ready SVG icons
- optimized for performance
- flat trendy design
- fully responsive web design. Works on all screen sizes
- built using modern HTML5 and CSS3 features
- supports all major browsers
- based on amazing Zurb Foundation front-end framework (v 5.1)
- smooth CSS3 transitions and animations for interactions
- touch devices support. Supports mobile gestures, optimized for iPad users
- well documented
Template contains 21 customization options:
- Theme – choose theme. Dark or Light. More color schemes to come. Dark is default.
- Show salads menu – toggle whether salads category should be available.
- Show soups menu – toggle whether soups category should be available.
- Show main courses menu – toggle whether main courses category should be available.
- Show desserts menu – toggle whether desserts category should be available.
- Show drinks menu – toggle whether drinks category should be available.
- Show footer – toggle whether footer (copyright and author) should be shown.
- Show about page – toggle whether about page should be shown.
- About page url – url of the about page. ’/about’ is default. Will work only if ‘Show about page’ is on.
- Show cooking mode – toggle whether special cooking/reading mode should be available.
- Show print button – toggle whether you want to have print button on each recipe.
- Google analytics ID – Google Analytics id. Use it if you want to track statistics about your blog.
- Disqus shortname – enable it if you want to have comments for your recipes.
- Twitter username – put it if you want to have link to your Twitter account
- Facebook username – put it if you want to have link to your Facebook account.
- Pinterest username – put it if you want to have link to your Pinterest account.
- Salad tag – tagname for your salads recipes.
- Soup tag – tagname for your salads recipes.
- Main course tag – tagname for your salads recipes.
- Dessert tag – tagname for your salads recipes.
- Drink tag – tagname for your salads recipes.
- Exo 2 font – https://www.google.com/fonts
- Zurb Foundation front-end framework – http://foundation.zurb.com
- jQuery – http://jquery.com
- jQuery mobile – http://jquerymobile.com
- InstantCLlick.js – http://instantclick.io
- v1.2.0 – Feb 18, 2014
- + made title as link. Add ‘canonical’ invisible link for pages.
- + add InstantClick.js library. Make loading pages faster. Big speed boost.
- v1.1.0 – Feb 17, 2014
- + update styles to not require post HTML editing
- + update documentation on recommendation for SEO
- – remove page.js and underscore.js. Make JS footprint lighter
- v1.0.0 – Feb 11, 2014
- + Released