Are you looking for a professional, fully responsive theme for phpBB 3.1 with a pixel-perfect mobile-first design, that is smartly built into phpBB and is sure to make your forum stand out from the crowd?
You just found the right solution: the Eles Theme, a phpBB3.1 theme which promises to provide not only a beautiful style for your forum, but much more!
Eles is thorougly written for optimum performance and a streamlined update experience, to stand out of the crowd as the ever first theme to get updated for newer phpBB3 versions.
Eles comes with the powerful coreframe admin extension which integrates into phpBB and enables seamless customization and content management for your phpBB3.1 forum.
The primary aim of ELES is to become your go-tool for phpBB3.1 forum customization.
- Pixel-perfect mobile-first responsive design.
- Built into phpBB – not on top of it.
- Optimised for high performance and fast loading times.
- Sitewide fully customizable widgets-ready sidebar.
- Ads & banners ready with 4 advertisement areas available & custom widgets.
- Smart code that enable compatibility with upcoming phpBB versions.
- Support for phpBB3.1 extensions (Work in progress).
- Supports +50 different languages including RTL languages.
- HTML widgets for sidebar and footer – add your own widgets.
- Custom code areas – add your own code right from the admin extension.
- Seamless updating process – no source code edits, thus no backups needed!
- Bootstrap 3.35+ Included – your favourite bootstrap components included.
- Unparallel level of customization via the coreframe extension.
- Prompt support which includes assistance in using theme’s features.
- No source code edits required!
- Retina ready – Graphics are made with vectors, so they render correctly on retina screens or mobile displays.
- No cumbersome DOM-burdening hacks to style elements – all achieved using fast CSS3 magic.
- CSS3 preloader and no FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content).
- Light and dark color themes fully customizable via picker-accessible color variables.
- Social links to keep in touch with your community members.
- Boxed, contained and full-width layout options.
- Customizable beautiful typography – pick from +700 Google web fonts.
- 9 Widgets – 3 preset and 6 HTML editable ones via the admin extension.
- Unlimited custom menu items.
The next big thing in online forums. – John Doe
The Eles theme together with the coreframe extension are developed using some of the best coding technologies available.
- Symfony2 Framework
A set of reusable standalone and coherent PHP components that provide effective solutions to common web development problems.
- Bootstrap 3.35
The most popular front-end framework for developing responsive, mobile first web projects.
A flexible, fast, and secure template engine for PHP.
A package management system for client-side programming that works with git and GitHub repositories.
A font icon with more than 550 scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized with the power of CSS.
- Other Technologies
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I see a lot of potential in phpBB and I’m happy to contribute to it’s awesomeness.
Being a web developer with more than two years hands on experience in front-end development (after carefully analyzing the open source bulletin board systems) I decided to begin on the journey of providing professional theming solutions for phpBB.
Those of you who are aware that phpBB is the most popular open source bulletin board system in the world may well agree that in spite of it’s ever increasing number of features, there’s still room for a lot of improvement.
Eles was started just for that – to speed up the improvement of phpBB.
The two main development guidelines for Eles and Coreframe are:
- Improve the visual experience of phpBB while not reducing performance, or if possible, improve the performance too.
- Facilitate compatibility with newer versions and third party extensions by using the best practices to develop a style for phpBB.
The development process was optimized to consider these two ideas with every iteration.
Coreframe is a secure and powerful admin extension that integrates with phpBB3.1 and the Eles theme to get your forum customization experience to the next level.
All customization options available via the Coreframe extension:
- Dev Mode – A reliable friend who’s doing the dirty work for you.
- Favicon URL – set the favicon of your forum.
- Logo Image – add a logo to your forum.
- Site info under logo – show or hide site name and description in header.
- Copyright text – add your own copyright text to the footer.
- Original copyright text – show or hide original copyright text.
- Layout mode – boxed, full-width or contained layout mode.
- Container width – set container width for the contained layout mode.
- Show or hide site-wide sidebar.
- Square or round avatar image shape.
- Left or right avatar image position in post.
- Advertisements and Banners
- Block at page top – add advertisement for the top of the forums.
- Block at page end – add advertisement for the bottom of the forums.
- Block in widgets – add advertisement for the widget areas.
- Stick navbar to the top on page scroll.
- Add menu items – add or remove your own menu items.
- Social links – add social links for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, GitHub and/or Instagram.
- Corners style – set corners style to rounded or flat.
- Google fonts url – add your favourite Google Web Fonts.
- Body font size – increase or decrease site font size (affects all elements).
- Body text font – set font for the site text.
- Headings font – set font for the headings.
- Color Theme
- Light color theme – set the default color theme preset for the forum.
- Dark color theme – set the dark color theme preset.
- Custom light or dark color theme.
- Set color variables – use color picker to set the color variables of the forum.
- Canvas background image – set background image for the boxed layout.
- Header image – Set header background image.
- Custom CSS code – add your own custom css code here.
- Custom code in HEAD tag – link your custom external resources here.
Real world example: Google Analytics tracking code.
- Sidebar widgets – assign up to different 5 sidebar widgets.
- Footer widgets – assign widgets for the footer columns.
- Recent Topics – Display 5 of your forum’s recently updated topics.
- Info Tabs – A cool way to display who’s online, forum stats and birthdays.
- Advertisement – Your advertisement widget set in Advertisements and Banners.
- Forums List – See the list of the forums wherever you may navigate inside the boards.
- Links List – Preset widget example for a links list (HTML editable).
- About Us Text – Preset widget for the about us text (HTML editable).
- 3 Custom Code Widgets – even more HTML editable widgets.
Support is done via the product comments section.
The product documentation is available in the download archive.
Item support includes:
- Availability of the author to answer questions.
- Answering technical questions about item’s features.
- Assistance with reported bugs and issues.
- Help with implementation of the product features.
– Harry Page
This is the theme we’ve all been waiting for!
PHPBB Forum Enthusiast
Finally a theme which doesn’t brag about it’s back-to-top button design.
– Janett Doe
My favourite theme of 2015
– A Forest Themer
I was hoping it can moderate my forum and get rid of spam.
So good I must ask for a refund if it doesn’t work in WordPress
– A typical noob client
1.0.0 – Initial public release.