Quickly clone your WordPress posts & pages with this easy to use plugin!
Bloggers uses WordPress as their content management system because of its easy to use interface.
But if you are managing multiple WordPress blogs, it can be time consuming and sometimes frustrating in backing up your posts and page content.
If that’s your problem, well it isn’t an issue anymore using this amazing plugin.
This plugin allows to clone a post or page, or edit it as a new draft.
- Clone Posts & Pages
- Allow Replicating of post and pages
- Compatible with custom post as well
- Replicate selected post types instantly
- Allow not to replicating specific/selected post
- Allow not to replicating selected category/tag/term posts
- can also be used for development purpose.
How It Works
- In ‘Edit Posts’ & ‘Edit Pages’, you can click on ‘Clone’ link below the post/page title; this will immediately create a copy and return to the list
- In ‘Edit Posts’ & ‘Edit Pages’, you can click on ‘New Draft’ link below the post/page title
- On the post edit screen, you can click on ‘Copy to a new draft’ above “Cancel”/”Move to trash”
- While viewing a post as a logged in user, you can click on ‘Copy to a new draft’ as a dropdown link under “Edit Post” in the admin bar
- This will lead to the edit page for the new draft: change what you want, click on ‘Publish’ and you’re done
Pay attention to the new behavior; the first way now allows you to clone a post with a single click, speeding up your work if you have many posts to duplicate.
1. Here you can copy the post you’re editing to a new draft.
2. By clicking on “Clone” the post is cloned immediately. “New draft” leads to the edit screen.
3. The options page.
4. The template tag manually added to Twenty Ten theme. Click on the “Copy to a new draft” link and you’re redirected to the edit screen for a new draft copy of your post.
5. The admin bar link.
In the Options page under Settings it is now possible to choose what to copy:
- the original post/page date
- the original post/page status (draft, published, pending), when cloning from the posts list
- the original post/page excerpt
- the original post/page attachments (actual files won’t be copied)
- all the children of the original page
- which taxonomies and custom fields
You can also set a prefix (or a suffix) to place before (or after) the title of the cloned post/page, and the roles allowed to clone posts or pages.
There is also a template tag, so you can put it in your templates and clone your posts/pages from the front-end. Clicking on the link will lead you to the edit page for the new draft, just like the admin bar link.
We have added the template tag `duplicate_post_clone_post_link( $ link, $ before, $ after, $ id )`, That means that you can put it in your template (e.g., in single.php or page.php) so you can get a “Clone” link when displaying a post or page.
The parameters are:
- link – (string) (optional) The link text. Default: __(‘Clone’,’duplicate-page’)
- before – (string) (optional) Text to put before the link text. Default: None
- after – (string) (optional) Text to put after the link text. Default: None
- id – (integer) (optional) Post ID. Default: Current post ID
Another available template tag is `duplicate_post_get_original($ id, $ output)` which returns the original post, either as a post object, an associative array or a numeric array (depending on the $ output parameter), `duplicate_post_get_original()` relies on the `_dp_original` custom field.
Use WordPress’ Add New Plugin feature, searching “dup-post”, or download the archive and:
- Unzip the archive on your computer
- Upload ‘dup-post` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> WordPress Duplicate Post Page and customize behavior as needed
Frequently Asked Questions
The plugin doesn’t work, why?
- First, check your version of WordPress: the plugin is not supposed to work on old versions anymore. Make sure also to upgrade to the last version of the plugin! Then try to deactivate and re-activate it, some user have reported that this fixes the problem. Pay also attention to the new “Roles allowed to copy” option: it should convert the former “user level” option to the new standard, but unknown problems may arise. Make sure that your role is enabled. If not, maybe there is some kind of conflict with other plugins: feel free to write us and we’ll try to discover a solution (it will be really helpful if you try to deactivate all your other plugins one by one to see which one conflicts with this one… But do it only if you know what you’re doing, I will not be responsible of any problem you may experience).
Can you add it to the bulk actions in the post/page list?
- No, you can’t. There is no way to do it without hacking the core code of WordPress. We can only hope that eventually our wish will be fulfilled in our next release.
Plugin Version / Compatibility
- WordPress 4.x Ready
- WordPress 3.x Ready
- WordPress 2.x Ready
- WordPress 1.x Ready
What People Are Saying About GuruLeadSource
Have you seen all of our portfolios? There might be some very cool stuff
** Version 2.6 ** * PHP 5.4 (Strict Standards) compatible * Fixed possible XSS and SQL injections * other bugs * Updated and added translations * Tested up to WP 3.8.1
** Version 2.4.1 ** * Fixed regression about draft permalinks * Fixed bug with guid * Don't clone to_ping and pinged (maybe there will be an option about those later)
** Version 2.4 ** * New option to clone the children of the original page * Licence changed to GPLv2 or later * Fixed publishing dates for drafts * Fixed bug with prefix/suffix * Translation project moved to GlotPress
** Version 2.4 **...additional details will be provided in documents upon purchase