iTunes Shortcode is a WordPress Plugin, which allows you to present always up-to-date information about iTunes Store products (in this version Mac and iOS App Store apps, more media types coming soon) in posts in a simple and elegant way and to earn money in the iTunes Affiliate Program.
The plugin offers three ways to present data:
1. Large box (default)
perfect at the end of app review:
2. Clickable App Name with price
great to create a list of apps:
3. Clickable App Price
always up to date, to be placed anywhere in the text:
You can download this app for $ 3.99.
Our plugin has also one more great advantage – it shows when the app is available at a discounted price! Just take a look:
This is possible because the plugin stores data about apps and refreshes them in the time interval set by you. It also helps to reduce the number of queries to the Apple servers.
QR codes are an awesome method to open quickly any link on your smartphone. Why not use it to conveniently download iOS apps directly on the iPhone, when we read about them on a computer?
Just scan and enjoy – it’s so easy!
We tried to make our plugin the most universal and independent of the used template. Of course, this is not always possible and sometimes a minor appearance changing may be necessary (like font size, button colors etc.). You can do it in the settings page, adding your own CSS rules.
- three ways of presenting data
- iTunes Affiliate Program support (PHG)
- showing information about price reductions
- QR codes
- custom CSS
- ready for translation (.po files)
- data caching (reducing the number of connections to iTunes lookup)
- support for soft-launched apps (when they is available only in selected countries)
- showing the app description and screenshots gallery
- support for another iTunes media types (ebook from iBookstore first)
If you have any pre-sale questions or suggestions for additiotal functionality, post a comment.